Translator and Copy Editor
If you are equally fluent in written and spoken English and French, have experience in creative writing, and know that good writing and good proofreading go hand in hand…then we want to hear from you!
Bayfield Design is recruiting a Translator and Copy Editor to its team of educators and creative professionals. We're looking for someone who has experience in the field of writing and copy editing in both English and Canadian French, and a desire to work in a fast-paced, small business environment. As a Translator and Copy Editor, you will lead efforts to ensure Bayfield Design's products and communications are polished and available to bilingual audiences – and ideally, throw in some creative flair along the way.
You will be responsible for translating various types and amounts of content from English to Canadian French for videos, brochures, flyers, letters, emails, elementary courses, high school courses, and more. With so much content being produced, we will also rely on your exceptional English writing skills to add creativity and quality assurance to our products and communications.
Bayfield Design is looking for a Translator and Copy Editor who has:
- Full fluency in English and Canadian French, both written and spoken.
- A degree in English, French and/or similar certification in translation, or adequate experience.
- 2–3 years of professional writing and translating experience.
- Impeccable grammar and spelling and a strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to juggle multiple requests from different teams with varying or overlapping deadlines.
- A truly collaborative nature and an eagerness to learn.
- A willingness to "own" your work and your areas of specialty, manage your time efficiently, and follow projects through independently.
- Read or listen to content in English and convert it into French, making sure to preserve the original meaning and intention.
- Translate a variety of documents including online courses, marketing material, training guides, office communications, and more.
- Manage quality assurance on all translated material.
- Coordinate all aspects of translation requests from initial assessment to final delivery.
- Work with cross-functional teams to provide translation services as required.
- Work on platforms/programs including content management systems, learning management systems, Office 365, and Adobe.
- Ensure timelines are met and coordinate tasks for translation projects, provide suggestions for improvements in translation content where necessary.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.